Last week I invited my readers and many friends to join me in intentionally praying for the LGBT community and people in Orlando Florida and worldwide for the remainder of June. This week we will continue to pray for them and expand our prayer focus to the following areas.
- Pray for the friends and families who are burying their loved ones this week and grieving their losses.
- Pray for those injured by the shooting as they recover and heal from the physical, mental, and emotional wounds inflicted upon them as a result of the shootings.
- Pray for those who were present at the Pulse nightclub and witnessed the shootings but escaped without harm. That they would be able to process the event and not be permanently impacted by it.
- Pray for the first responders who dealt with the aftermath of the shootings; that they too would process and heal from what they witnessed and dealt with.
- Pray for God to use this event to bring many people to know Jesus as their personal savior.
- Pray that Churches and fully devoted followers of Christ would be available to respond with acts of kindness and a listening ear.
- Pray that God would quickly equip local churches in Orlando to walk well with those seeking to resolve their faith and sexuality.
LGBT people and Communities Worldwide
- Pray for the multiple pride events planned this weekend, that God would provide supernatural protection and prevent any more violent attacks from occurring.
- Pray that God will continue to draw many LGBT people into a personal relationship with Jesus.
The Body of Christ
- That God would equip His fully devoted followers to understand Gods intent and design for marriage, sexuality, and gender.
- Pray that with this equipping would be an ability to speak the truth in love and walk beside those who desire to resolve their faith and sexuality.
- Pray for the Body of Christ to have supernatural discernment regarding pro-gay theology and the ability to correct this false teaching.
- Pray that God would raise up people to correct those embracing pro-gay theology and affirming marriage equality and same-sex attractions as God ordained.
- That God would equip pastors and lay leaders to effectively lead and minister to those resolving their faith and sexuality, struggling with issues surrounding sexuality and gender, and walk beside friends and family members who are impacted by issues surround sexuality and gender.
- That the Body of Christ will be equipped to effectively reach LGBT people across the world.
Take it a Step Further
May I encourage you, too become equipped and informed on the Biblical worldview of marriage, sexuality and gender.
I highly recommend author Joe Dallas. He was once a leader in the pro-gay theology movement. He has since reconciled his faith and sexuality to align with a Biblical worldview. Joe is a gifted cultural analyst and brings a solid voice to the Church to remain Biblically strong. Visit and explore Joe’s website and subscribe to his blog.
Finally, I recommend Living Hope Ministries. This ministry has walked faithfully beside me for over six years and helped me to resolve my faith and sexuality. They are a discipleship ministry for those seeking sexual and relational wholeness. They have the world’s largest online support forums for people seeking to resolve their faith and sexuality and for friends and family seeking to know how to navigate the muddy waters of sexuality.
Thanks for joining me,